Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blame it on the Bangles

It was a busy weekend this past one. Despite the fact that I look forward to weekends just to stay home, I had a blast due to several (fashion) reasons.

We'll start with friday night's trip to the mailbox: there it was my little yellow padded envelope with the word "fragile" written in the unmistakeable penmanship. My two sets of bangles from mishshell came in. One set is black and gold (with my fave that has red), and the other the blue and silver (fave is the coin one that makes me sound like a walking tambourine!).

Along came saturday which I had no plans for when the hubby's like "let's hit up a bar". OBVIOUSLY it was the PERFECT excuse to wear my brand spanking new bangles. I opted for the black and gold set and added my Forever21 rose cuff. Pulled on my horse print shirt/jacket from Forever21 over a basic black tank and jeans. Grabbed my BCBGeneration python clutch from Little Black Bag, and pulled my hair up into a sock bun. READY!

Four hours later on Sunday morning, I'm up and getting ready for a bridal shower brunch. Pulled on a new Target xhilaration dress, threw my Forever21 blazer over it, added some dollhouse muted gold and cork heels and took the clutch from the night before. OF COURSE color palette called for the OTHER set of bangles from mishshell as well as my multistrand one, and my RJ Graziano wave cuff from Little Black Bag.
PHEW!

Monday back to work, back to normal schedule since Spring break is over and kiddo goes back to school. Being the first week of spring, I pulled out brights over brights over print. Printed skirt from Target, pink top from Old Navy, blue on blue clutch from Target, strappy orange and pink shoes from Newport News, and yes yes you guessed it the blue and silver set of bangles AGAIN!
BTW I'm wearing the black and gold set as I type. LOL!

Last but certainly NOT LEAST. I was finally able to stop by the post office to pick up my Little Black Bag of this month. In it: Steve Madden leather and fabric Bflorall envelope clutch ($118), and Robert Rose earrings ($10). Paid less than $50 for the whole bag/box and i did wait for the whole 7 days in case something else popped up in the gallery. HOWEVER, everyone wanted these two items! It was a constant 5 offers per hour for them. Sorry girls, no one offered anything worth giving up these babies for.

All right, creo que fue todo. Enjoy your first day of spring and don't let the allergies get to you!

XOXO,
-Chinita

1 comment: